- leather, silk, nylon, metal (studs), feathers
- (a) 47.0 cm (centre back) 35.0 cm (waist, flat) (dress)
(b) 13.5 × 22.0 × 41.0 (headdress)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- (a) label, inside bodice lining, woven in gold metallic thread on black acetate: Jenny Bannister
(b) label, inside centre lining, woven in gold metallic thread on black cotton: Jenny Bannister
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- (a) Strapless dress, the bodice formed with petal shaped grey leather pieces joined with studs resembling a breastplate. The black satin skirt is overlaid with black netting and is ornately decorated with ruche tulle, leather appliqué, feathers and pleated satin in grey, mauve, red and yellow colours.
(b) Matching headdress of grey leather decorated with various appliqué leather pieces and is studded and trimmed with two black feathers, featuring a pale pink satin concertina folded crescent positioned in the centre.