Behind the Scenes at the NGV
Masterpieces from the Hermitage:
The Legacy of Catherine the Great
VCE Studio Arts Unit 4: Area of Study 3, Art Industry Contexts and AusVELS: The Arts, Years 9 and 10
This education resource accompanies the 2015 Melbourne Winter Masterpieces exhibition Masterpieces from the Hermitage: The Legacy of Catherine the Great (31 July – 8 November). It is a focus on behind the scenes at the National Gallery of Victoria.
Resources developed with support from the Department of Education and Training Digital Learning Branch and the FUSE project.
Behind the Scenes at NGV (Playlist)
The Hermitage film
Exhibition installation time-lapse video
- Introduction and Useful Resources
- Interview notes: Meet the Exhibitions Manager
- Interview Notes: Meet the Senior Curator
- Interview Notes: Meet the Senior Exhibition Designer
- Interview Notes: Meet the Senior Publicist
- Interview Notes: Meet the Head of Conservation
- Interview Notes: Meet the Manager of Marketing