- polycaprolactone, metallic paint, leather
- (a) 28.0 × 28.0 cm irreg. (bikini top)
(b) 20.0 cm (centre back) (bikini pants)
(c) 68.0 cm irreg. (outer circumference) 29.0 cm irreg. (height) 14.0 cm (width) (cap)
(d) 15.0 × 11.5 × 10.0 cm (cuff)
(e) 15.0 × 10.0 × 10.0 cm (cuff)
(f-g) 12.0 × 27.0 × 13.0 cm (each) (sandals)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of the artist, 1998
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- The bra top is moulded from polycaprolactone in an open design and painted gold. The top has one shoulder strap, and is decorated along the neckline with nine metal flowers, threaded onto the grid with fishing line.
The pants are a gold lame G-string, fastening with Velcro and overlaid with the plastic grid painted gold. The cloche style hat is open at the crown and has curled edges around the face and along the bottom edge. It is made with polycaprotactone in a grid design and painted gold, and decorated with seventeen metal flowers.
The matching sandals are formed with one piece of the polycaprolactone grid which forms the sole and curves up over the side of the foot, fastening with metallic leather strap and decorated with a single metal flower at the toe. The cuffs are made with the same gold grid and decorated with metal flowers.